Service tax is an indirect tax levied on the services provided by a service provider in India. Service tax is paid by the end consumer of the service and the service provider is responsible for collection of remittance from the recipient of the taxable service. At present, Service Tax is levied at 14% effective form 1st june 2015 on the value of the taxable service. Service tax registration is mandatory for every person or business in India that has provided a taxable service of value exceeding Rs.9 lakhs, in the previous financial year. IndiaFilings provides service tax registration services.
Persons or entities liable to pay service tax or having service tax registration must file service tax returns - Form ST-3 or Form ST-3A. Service tax returns are due half-yearly and the service tax return must be e filed. Service tax payment must be paid by entity electronically or manually on the respective due date. The due date for payment of service tax collected is determined based on the type of business entity. IndiaFilings can help you file e file your service tax return online. Our service tax experts can help you compute your service tax liability, e file the service tax return and keep you in compliance with service tax regulations. Use ReminDue, an online cloud compliance reminder service from IndiaFilings to get reminders for service tax return and service tax payment due dates.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SERVICE TAX
To be submitted by Directors & Shareholders
- Print out of the filled ST-1 form duly signed by the Director/partner/proprietor/authorized person at the end of the application.
- Scanned PAN Card of Partners/Directors/Proprietor
- Scanned copy of Voter's ID/Passport/Driver's License
- Scanned passport-sized photograph
For the Entity (if any)
- PAN Card of Company or Partnership
- Board Resolution, in case of company
- Incorporation Certificate or Partnership Agreement
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Copy of the rental agreement of the business place